After reviewing more of the survey data, I built a working prototype of the game over the past week.


Before jumping into code, I created an updated mockup of the game based on the images in my Pinterest board. Here’s the home screen. Home page mockup


After creating a mockup, I did some research into popular mobile screen sizes and decided on two of the most popular aspect ratios, 16:9 and 4:3. Next, I created a new GitHub repo and got to work using Phaser.

Here’s an animation showing the game’s interactions so far. I’m proud of how positive (and hopefully welcoming) the game looks.

Prototype animation

Currently, the only working parts of the prototype are routing between game states. I’m going to continue working on reviewing survey data so I can begin building a sample quiz and interactive scene. Wish me luck!