Card Sort Ideation
In the first assignment, we were instructed to find 15 projects that inspire us. I found projects from the art world, TV, the web, and video games.
The projects that inspire me:
- Tumblr (website, app)
- Dots (game)
- That Dragon, Cancer (game)
- Crypt of the Necrodancer + DDR Mat (game)
- Monument Valley (game)
- SpellTower (game)
- Parable of the Polygons (website, game)
- Sailor Moon Crystal (anime)
- STEAMrole (website)
- Porco Rosso (anime)
- Lumino City (game)
- Slack (website, app)
- Fitbit (website, app)
- Takashi Murakami (show)
- MAGFest (event)
#Mixing all the cards up!
Grouping the cards:
Final ideas, in ranked order:
- Exploration of sexual identity through puzzles. Innocent, yet sexual. Could cover religion and slut-shaming as well. Abstract, creepy-cute design. Would use a touchscreen.
- Celebrating my ridiculous family through an interactive game. Exploring photography and learning about how my family got so big and why we’re so messed-up. Honest and personal.
- Revival through communication. Heal a dead planet/area by talking to regrow life. Ideally would be a game several people play together. Concentrates heavily on words – are there good ones and bad ones?
- Learn about a family by exploring their life through photos. What happened to them is a mystery that the player/reader must uncover.
- Magical fantasy game set in a bright, colorful location. Being brave and finding success while fighting harassment. Changing perspective allows the player to win.
- Fight an earthling invasion – aliens trying to save their own planet from human. Brains vs. brawn with a down-to-earth setting. Comic book aesthetic – involves a lot of dialogue. The goal: to convince humans that you are sentient beings who deserve to keep your home.